At last, some good news for women plagued by the pesky lumps and bumps of cellulite, Cellulaze, a treatment that will smooth the skin’s surface and get rid of ‘orange peel’. With Autumn approaching, now is a good time to start getting the body in shape for next year’s beach parties.
What causes cellulite? The jury’s still out on the actual causes of cellulite but it is widely thought that genetics plays a big part combined with hormonal changes post puberty and the negative effects of 21st century living such as poor diet, lack of exercise and too much stress which in turn can cause sluggish lymphatic systems and circulation. Water often becomes trapped in the skin’s deeper layer (the dermis) causing micro swelling which results in tissue thickening; fibrous strands also develop which pull on the skin surface resulting in the sadly very familiar dimpling or orange peel effect.
What is Cellulaze? Cellulaze is a minimally invasive laser assisted device clinically proven to reduce appearance of cellulite – in one treatment
How does it work? Treats the underlying structures that cause the unsightly, dimpled appearance. The laser cuts through and breaks the fibrous bands pulling down on the skin surface, whilst thickening the upper dermis and improves elasticity through stimulation of collagen production.
- A couple of tiny incisions will be made, about the size of the tip of a pen
- Local anaesthesia or numbing solution is used (you’ll be awake during the procedure)
- The Cellulaze laser fibre is threaded through a very small tube (or cannula) , and inserted through the incision site, the laser is then delivered to the target zone
- The liquefied fat is gently pressed out
- The entire procedure should take about 1–1.5 hours
- You’ll have some bruising and discomfort, and small amounts of fluid may leak from the incision sites. You may have to wear a compression garment for a few weeks
- You’ll be able to go back to your normal activities after a day or two and resume more strenuous exercise after one to two weeks
- Your results will continue to improve for the next three to twelve months
Improvements should last around 2+ years
Cost: Costs starts from £2000.00 as it depends on the size of the target area(s)